[cairo] [cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 1.5.8 now available

Peter Weilbacher mozilla at Weilbacher.org
Thu Jan 31 07:34:25 PST 2008

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Carl Worth wrote:

> With this snapshot we are getting extrmely close to a final 1.6.0
> release. We would appreciate as much testing as possible so that we
> can eliminate bugs before that release rather than after. So give this
> snapshot a try and let us know how things go for you.

We are just beginning to realize that we probably need a printing
surface for OS/2 just like the one for Windows. Just wanted to confirm
that as an "unsupported" backend I can still push that in for a
stability release after the 1.6.0 final. Otherwise coding and testing
might be a bit tight, if we are forced to make 1.6.0 on time.
(What's the current schedule again?)

> There has been a tremendous amount improvement to cairo's
> documentation. We're delighted that 100% of the public API has at
> least some documentation in the API reference manual. Many thanks to
> Behdad Esfahbod and Nis Martensen for leading this effort.

That's great. It seems there is a policy to not have the "unsupported"
backends in this reference manual, so other than the .c files some
popular backends don't have documentation. Have you thought about adding
those, with a big marker saying "not supported, may change"?
(I also noticed that in the OS/2 files we don't follow the cairo style
of having the documentation in the .c file. Perhaps I should move the
documentation we have from the .h file.)

    Peter.