[cairo] cairo-1.6.4, Mac OS X, requested FreeType font backend could not be enabled

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008b at ryandesign.com
Wed Jun 4 23:04:18 PDT 2008

On May 28, 2008, at 11:02, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 07:51 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
>
>> But the lack of FcFini should not be a problem at all. If that is
>> causing the freetype backend to be disabled, (and I really doubt that
>> it is), then that would be a bug in cairo's configure script.
>
> "Oops".  Fixed.

I still find it unusual that, when building cairo as a single-
architecture binary for the local architecture only, it says my
FontConfig has FcFini, but when building cairo as a universal binary,
it says it doesn't. My FontConfig hasn't changed, of course. It
either has this function or it does not. The manner in which I'm
building cairo should not affect that. I think cairo may not be
detecting this function correctly.