[cairo] Alpha problems at some resolutions

John Perkins jperkins at newtek.com
Fri Jun 20 20:32:32 PDT 2008

I have been seeing a problem with certain image sizes first in 1.4.10
and now in 1.6.4 using several different in-house test applications
written by two different people.

The attached png should be white text on a fully transparent background.

At most resolutions, the transparent area around the text is partially
transparent yellow.  It is never another color, the problem is very
consistent.

If I render into a 640x480 image using otherwise identical code, I get
the correct output.  However, 640x85 has the yellow problem.  This leads
me to believe that stride alone is not a factor.

This was output by cairo win32 using the toy text functions into a
178x85 image surface.  Other tests have used circles or rectangles to
rule out problems with the text functions.

Regardless of what is used to save or display the image the problem
still exists.

Thanks,
John