[cairo] MMX compilation under win32... patches ready to land

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 18:01:18 PST 2008

Hi Fred,

On Mar 7, 2008, at 12:10 PM, Frederic Plourde wrote:

>  After discussions with Soeren, we decided to macroize the M64 and
> ULLONG
> conversion routines in inlining functions directly declared in
> pixman-mmx.c
> (instead of #define macros). Being inlined by the compiler under
> release config,
> it shouldn't have any impact on performance.
>
> I tested them (pixman and cairo patches) both under Win32 AND linux
> platforms
> with test suite running smoothly. Notice the associated performance
> gains :
> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/358492 without any optimization... so
> everything
> loks fine.
>
> you might wanna test it on your side as well... after that, I think
> they're both
> ready for landing ;-)

Great!  Soeren, let me know when you've had a chance to review the
code bits, and I'd be happy to merge/upstream these.  One thing I saw
that scared me -- http://virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?
id=188#body .  I know we're just using vanilla MMX, so maybe this
doesn't apply, but it would probably be hepful to double-check the
output from the intrinsics to make sure there isn't anything dumb
coming out of the compilers..

      - Vlad