[cairo] [cairo-commit] 5 commits - src/cairo-xlib-surface.c

Bill Spitzak spitzak at thefoundry.co.uk
Fri Oct 3 19:06:59 PDT 2008

> On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 14:56 -0700, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
>>     [xlib] Start a new glyph element every 128 glyphs
>>
>>     Xrender has limits at 252 glyphs.  We play safe and fast and limit
>>     elements to 128 glyphs.  That's plenty, no measurable performance
>>     hit expected.

I actually found that the Xrender bug is that it will crash if the
number of glyphs is such that (N&0xff)>252. Ie 256 will work. The
work-around I used was to add 1 or 2 spaces to the end in these cases.
Not sure if that would be better or worse than what you are doing.

--
Bill Spitzak, Senior Software Engineer
The Foundry, 618 Hampton Drive, Venice, CA, 90291, USA