[cairo] Blend modes take 3

Jeff Muizelaar jeff at infidigm.net
Wed Oct 8 07:05:39 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 11:44:01AM +0200, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Hey,
>
> After Emmanuel's [1] and my [2] previous attempt, I've started the
> third attempt to get SVG and Flash blend modes into Cairo. And this
> time I'm dead serious. I intend to merge my current work once 1.9
> opens unless there's any objections.
> I've published git repositories containing my work [3]. I regularly
> rebase them on top of current master. The code is complete, I just
> need to cleanup the commit order at some point.

There should probably be documentation in cairo, like the pixman
documentation, about the definition of each of the new operators.

It would also be good to compare the definition of each operator with
the quartz blend modes to ensure they are the same:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Conceptual/drawingwithquartz2d/dq_images/chapter_12_section_7.html

-Jeff