[cairo] [API] cairo_set_error() and friends

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 13:37:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 13:16 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 13:55 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > I don't have a strong opinion either way.  Call it cairo_set_status() please.
>
> Well, we could add it now only as an internal thing, (unless you're
> wanting to open a new 1.9 branch with this new bit of API).
>
> The cairo_set_status name does seem like the thing, but it might look a
> bit too innocent too. I mean, certainly this will be documented with
> waving red flags saying that this is a way to raise an error status and
> will shut down the current object.

Ok, at the moment it looks like there are fewer instances where I
actually need to use this than I originally anticipated. So I'm going to
finish the easy cases that are covered by switching to the
cairo_get_target() idiom for propagating errors and then review the
remaining one for any common patterns.
--
Chris