[cairo] crash report and question

bulia byak buliabyak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:17:00 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 2:05 AM, Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:
> The EPS specification requires that the %%BoundingBox DSC comment be the
> smallest rectangle that encloses all the marks painted on the page [2].
> Possible workarounds include processing the EPS file afterwards or drawing a
> white line around the rectangle that you want the bounding box to be.

However, if my drawing extends beyond the edges of the canvas (which I
set on the PS surface before I turn it into EPS), the bbox of EPS will
be same as canvas, not extended to cover all of objects. In other
words, EPS only contracts the bbox but cannot extend it. Is this
expected behavior? It seems not quite logical to me.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.