[cairo] Image will not rotate

Gerdus van Zyl gerdusvanzyl at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:49:57 PDT 2009

You need to apply your rotation on the pattern (the image) matrix;
from the api docs:
"Note: The pattern's transformation matrix will be locked to the user
space in effect at the time of cairo_set_source(). This means that
further modifications of the current transformation matrix will not
affect the source pattern."

So the easiest would be to set the rotation before calling set_source
The longer way you need to get the matrix of the pattern
(cairo_get_source), then use cairo_pattern_get_matrix
,cairo_matrix_rotate and cairo_pattern_set_matrix (Note C api c++ api
should have similar things as object methods)