[cairo] cairo + os X + xcode / please help

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2009a at ryandesign.com
Mon Apr 6 18:25:53 PDT 2009

This is becoming off-topic for the cairo list (and on-topic for the
macports-users list), but...

On Apr 6, 2009, at 16:03, Neil Mayhew wrote:

> On 06/04/09 08:23 AM Anton Mezhiborskiy wrote:
>
>> How should i correctly install/configure cairo+quartz+xcode?
>
> You need to enable the +quartz variant when you install cairo in
> MacPorts.
>
> http://guide.macports.org/chunked/using.variants.html

You can use "port variants cairo" to learn what variants are available.

Here is the message where I announced that quartz is no longer the
default in the cairo port:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2009-March/
014166.html

> However, I recommend you also look at setting this as a default in
> your variants.conf file as it makes things work better when you
> come to upgrade your installed ports. The upgrade command doesn't
> seem to preserve the variants you set in a port when you first
> install it.

"port upgrade" does preserve the positive variants you set when you
installed it (e.g. +quartz) but not the negative variants you set
(e.g. -quartz).

If you want to use quartz features in MacPorts, yes we do recommend
you add +quartz to your variants.conf, since quartz features of most
(all?) ports that offer the choice are off by default.