[cairo] Errors building Cairo and Pixman under Cygwin

Malcolm Tredinnick malcolm at pointy-stick.com
Fri Apr 10 05:06:16 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 06:58 -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
[...]
> I had that error recently with another software package. Not sure if
> this is what's happening to you, but in my case, my libtool was built
> to use gsed, but gsed had been removed from the system, so libtool
> was failing all over the place.

That sounds very believable in John's case, too. Libtool has a little
alias it defines called Xsed that takes a whole bunch of options with an
"X" prepended (so that when they're tested in the shell, they don't look
like options to "test") and strips the leading "X". The output John is
seeing looks like that "X" isn't being stripped, which would suggest sed
isn't doing the work it should.

So I'd be looking into whether sed is available and runnable on the
build environment. Also, look in the libtool script in the build
directory and search for Xsed to see what sed command it is trying to
run there.

Regards,
Malcolm