[cairo] pangocairo and fonts on win32

"Jan Stühmer" jstuehmer at gmx.net
Thu Apr 23 00:48:01 PDT 2009

Hey all,
Hey Tor,

thank you for your advice.

> > I'm using the Gtk+ 2.12.9 win32 build from
> > http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/
>
> As far as I know what you ask for is not possible using Pango. And
> even if it waspossible in current Pango (or will be possible in a
> future Pango), it sure won't help you if you insist on using an
> obsolete version of GTK+ (and presumably the whole stack including
> Pango).

I didn't expect that there were so many differences between Gtk+ 2.12 and 2.16. I guess you are right and I should switch to the current Gtk+ win32 distribution.

> But the Win32 API probably can help. Look up the documentation for
> AddFontResourceEx() and experiment!

Is it enough to load a font via AddFontResourceEx or do I have to update fontconfig as well? (so pango can find that font) If so, how to do this during runtime?

Thanks, Jan