[cairo] Problems compiling cairo..

Chris blupub at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 19:49:27 PST 2009

Hi all,

Sorry to be a bother but I'm just about at the end of my rope here..

I'm attempting to compile cairo with mingw/msys.

Everything else (zlib, libpng, etc) seems to compile and install fine but when I get to cairo itself, no matter what I do, there's always something tripping me up.

My last attempt at ./configure gave me this at the end:

checking for cairo's PNG functions feature...
checking whether cairo's PNG functions feature could be enabled... no
configure: WARNING: Win32 Printing backend will not be tested since ghostscript
is not available
configure: WARNING: Could not find libpng in the pkg-config search path
configure: error: recommended PNG functions feature could not be enabled

WHERE and WHAT is pkg-config looking for concerning libpng??

pkg-config is being run with:

/mingw/bin/aliased/pkg-config.exe $* --prefix-variable=/usr/local

And

/usr/local/lib/libpng12.a
/usr/local/lib/libpng12.dll.a
/usr/local/lib/libpng.a
/usr/local/lib/libpng.dll.a

/usr/local/bin/libpng12.dll

/usr/local/include/libpng/png.h
/usr/local/include/libpng12/png.h

So why can't pkg-config find my pnglib!!

Thanks