[cairo] JIT for pixman

Dan Amelang daniel.amelang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 14:01:06 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 12:43 PM, keita abdoul-kaker
<abdoulk.keita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> i am interested on working on a JIT for pixman compisiting code
> (http://cairographics.org/summerofcode/ideas/). I have some very
> (very...) early ideas on what can be done and how it should be done
> using the llvm framework.
> Is there anyone working on the same topic ?

I incorporated a JIT compiler into Pixman for my Masters thesis.
Instead of LLVM, though, I used the Jolt dynamic compiler.

Thesis:

  http://vpri.org/pdf/tr2008002_jitblt.pdf

My Jitblt branch of Pixman:

  http://github.com/damelang/jitblt

I've haven't done any work on it since I finished my thesis, nor do I
plan to. I'm now working on a different project for my PhD.

Dan