[cairo] Building pixman for Windows CE

Mohit Sindhwani ml3p at onghu.com
Tue Oct 6 09:56:04 PDT 2009

Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
> Gerdus van Zyl wrote:
>
>> First build pixman seperately. config.h is a file made by the
>> ./configure command and is just a bunch of c defines. The build files
>> will also use a perl script to create pixman-combine32/64 so you might
>> be missing those as well. I would recommend installing msys/mingw
>> (might take a little work) and running the default build scripts, then
>> you can just copy the generated files and reverse engineer the build
>> process a little better.
>>

> Hi!  I tried to go down this path... and did a configure under MSYS to
> produce the files... and adjusted the files slightly.
> Now, when I try to compile pixman with Visual Studio 2005, I get this
> error (a large number) in pixman-region.c
>
> 1>..\..\..\pixman\pixman\pixman-region.c(109) : error C2061: syntax
> error : identifier 'PREFIX'
> 1>..\..\..\pixman\pixman\pixman-region.c(109) : error C2059: syntax
> error : ';'
> 1>..\..\..\pixman\pixman\pixman-region.c(109) : error C2078: too many
> initializers
>
> The first of these lines is:
> static const box_type_t PREFIX (_empty_box_) = { 0, 0, 0, 0 };

OK, answering my own question so no one else needs to...
I accidentally included both pixman-region.c and also pixman-region16.c
and pixman-region32.c

As it turns out, pixman-region.c is included into the others, so there
is no need to include it in the build files.

OK - now on to trying to build Cairo for Windows CE!

Cheers,
Mohit.
10/7/2009 | 12:56 AM.