[cairo] Win32 thread-safety

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 16:15:28 PDT 2009

I also found this to be the case, and all our text output code is
currently wrapped in mutexes.

So I'd be very interested in a fix as well. FWIW I recall having
problems with that code on OSX as well as on Windows, though on Windows
they seem to be more widely spread and more obvious. Incidentally, it
has gotten slightly worse in versions after 1.8.6 (occasionally I try to
disable mutexes and see if the issue was somehow resolved).