[cairo] Another set of OSX Build Instructions

mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Oct 19 20:12:02 PDT 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:38:07 -0700
Travis Griggs <tgriggs at cincom.com> wrote:
>I've been playing with refactoring build instructions found on the
>wiki out of the downloads page, and on to a separate Building page,
>with recipes for doing different builds.

Good work today.

>I've just finished http://cairographics.org/end_to_end_build_for_mac_os_x/
>  and would love to hear any feedback before writing up the end-to-end
>version I have for win32.

Unintentionally, when I installed Mono SDK on Mac OS X 10.4,
it replaced pkg-config by new one. I thank you for writing
that "Apple-genuine" pkg-config bundled to Xcode was legacy :-).
Also your note that "png" issue would be useful.

About the syntax of "export" command, I think,

 export LDFLAGS=-arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk

is not safe, quoting might be recommended, like this.

 export LDFLAGS="-arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk"

There is a typo "x85_64" which should be "x86_64".

And, giving the list of backends detected/enabled by
default would be helpful.

Regards,
mpsuzuki