[cairo] [cairo-gl] RFC: Dispatching mechanism for non-standard GL functions

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Dec 2 05:52:28 PST 2010

On 12/02/10 04:02, Benjamin Otte wrote:

> Seriously, if we're getting into not linking at compile-time and start
> linking at runtime, we're doing it wrong.

We *are* doing it wrong by generating one .so for all backends.  runtime
linking is one way to fix it.  Having separate .so's for separate backends is
another.  That's for example what pango does.  But for that to work you have
to expose the internal backend API and either support it or make sure you make
it hard for people to use it.

behdad