[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 23:52:28 PST 2010

Am 22.02.10, 21:53 -0800 schrieb Bill Spitzak:
> What I propose instead is that the program provide a "simulation" of the spot
> color in RGB (or in any normal color space if the proposed color space api is
> added). It is the program's responsibility to make this preview "accurate".

Bill, you repeatedly dismiss a central concept of cairo which is:
one input => multiple output

Your suggestion is about one font sort for Xlib, one other for Quartz,
32-bit Floating point here, only half there and there only double or
integers. Such would be all workarounds.

What the colour management thread here is about to propose a clearly
useable API, which integrates well with the style of typical
unaltered input used for cairo for different output. If I have to sort
every input for the appropriate backend, then possibly more dedicated
libraries are better useable.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--