[cairo] Call to cairo_paint triggers an assertion

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 08:42:45 PST 2010

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:14:41 -0500, Tim Corio <tcorio at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Now, it no longer crashes, but the resulting image is garbled.  It may
> be a very skewed copy of the original.
>
> If each line was skewed by one pixel the image would be recognizable,
> but at a 45 degree tilt.  In this case the image is unrecognizable, but
> the mix of pixel colors look about right.

Almost as if you tried to use a 24-bpp packed pixel representation as a
32-bit xRGB surface...

To put it mildly you have fallen foul of GTK+'s poor integration of
Cairo and GdkPixbuf. Hmm, I actually hope that the current version of
Cairo throws an error given these inputs.

Personally, I just subclass a plain NO_WINDOW GtkMisc widget for my Cairo
drawing routines.
-ickle