[cairo] 1.10 release schedule

Arjen Nienhuis a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:51:42 PST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 17:32:40 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> > Thanks Benjamin for bringing this up.  Can we have words from Carl, Chris, and
> > Joonas?  Chris in particular, what are you doing in your branch?!!!
>
> The original reason for wip/compositor is that...

- snip -

> [...] ensuring that the backends live up to MT
> guarantees stated in our documentation.

In pycairo that has been shipping with Ubuntu 9.10 some locking (GIL)
was removed to get real MT working. That led to regressions in my code
because of some bugs(?) in cairo. wip/compositor is the only branch I
found that solved this. Can/will that be merged into 1.10?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Arjen Nienhuis