[cairo] pygoocanvas with rsvg and pycairo (cross post)

donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 21:50:38 PST 2010

Hi, I posted this to the goocanvas list, but there seems to be little
activity over there and, being cairo-related, I thought I'd ask here
instead.

Is it possible to use rsvg to render an "Item" (or something) to the
canvas that is actually drawn via rsvg? Something like this:

ctx = canvas.create_cairo_context()
svg = rsvg.Handle(file="test.svg")
svg.render_cairo(ctx)

Also, is it possible to use standard pycairo commands to draw stuff to
the canvas or an item?

Failing all that, is it possible to embed a GTK widget (like a drawing
area) into the canvas (like they do buttons) and so have it reflect what
  is drawn to that context?

On a related note -- what are the canvas/scene-graph options available
for Python + Cairo (at least on Linux)?

\d
--
Fonty Python and Things! -- http://otherwise.relics.co.za/wiki/Software