[cairo] Out of memory when creating a large pdf

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 06:00:59 PDT 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 14:42:03 +0200, gnappen <gnappen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway of flushing the data from memory to the file without
> switching to a new page?
> Or any other suggestions?

I don't have a good suggestion at the moment. I think in principle PDF
should be able to support flushing as a means of serialising the current
dictionaries to the stream before the end of the page. It is just possible
that the improved behaviour with snapshotting images in 1.10 would be
beneficial in this instance, though from your outline I fear that it will
not be.

This would be a really good project for someone to sink their teeth into,
and also to minimise complexity during replay/printing.
-ickle