[cairo] Premultiplied transparency causes streaks in images

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 01:40:38 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Paril <paril at alteredsoftworks.com> wrote:
> No, test.png was created by Cairo, and then pixel data (which is
> premultiplied, as I am aware of) was copied to a GDI+ Bitmap and saved. I
> did this to get an idea of what Cairo was doing internally.

As you say test.png was not created with cairo png API (see
http://cairographics.org/manual/cairo-PNG-Support.html )

If GDI+ expects nonpremultiplied data, you have to unpremultiply it when
copying to the GDI+ bitmap.
Please check if unpremultiplying the data fixes your test image (and/or
if saving test.png through cairo API makes it look correct).

PS: it looks like GDI+ should be able to handle both premultiplied
and nonpremultiplied data:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.drawing.imaging.pixelformat.aspx