[cairo] Bevel Effect

Jeremy Moles jeremy at emperorlinux.com
Sat Nov 20 10:46:27 PST 2010

Hey guys--I'm looking for some help here.

I've been searching, fruitlessly, for an algorithm that will allow me to
perform a bevel effect in C or C++ code to simple raw image data. I've
looked through gimp source, ImageMagick source, and anything else I
could find on Google.

I was wondering if anyone here had any advice or any ideas about how I
could implement this? Specifically, I will be using it in Cairo to apply
a bevel effect to text. Is this something that could be achieved PURELY
in Cairo, or would I need to manipulate the image data directly?

Any help or advice would be appreciated. What I'm going for is
essentialy the same functionality gimp provides in it's
"Scripts->Decor->Apply Bevel" script.