[cairo] Cairo 1.10 rendering text to transparent image surface [BUG?]

Geoff Youngs g.youngs at livelinktechnology.net
Tue Nov 30 09:07:45 PST 2010

Hi,

I've tried using the latest versions of pixman & cairo from git and
I'm still getting colour corruption at the edge of glyphs rendered to
an image surface with a non-opaque background...

If I manually disable CPU optimizations, and patch
fast_composite_over_n_8888_8888_ca in pixman-fast-patch.c so that it
only uses the mask alpha channel (instead of using all the channels
from the mask), then I don't get the colour corruption anymore - but
I've got no idea what kind of impact this has on other operations?

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?  Or point out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

--
Geoff Youngs