[cairo] Embedding phonetic symbols in R

Theo Veenker T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl
Thu Aug 11 00:06:52 PDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 06:10 AM, Sverre Stausland wrote:
> That sounds good, Luiz. But unfortunately, I still do not know exactly
> what it is I have to do to make cairo work in R in Windows. I
> understand that these zip files contain files I need, but what do I do
> with them? Where do I put them?

Create a temp directory and download them into this directory. Unzip all
and delete the zip files (personally I also delete the share and manifest
directories). This should leave you a bunch of dll files. You can put the
dll's in the bin directory of the R package to be distributed. I recommend
against installing the dll's in the system32 directory, because that might
cause trouble for other program's that insist on having and older or newer
set of cairo related dll's, and it also makes uninstalling/reinstalling R
saver. I use nsis for creating my Windows installer/uninstaller (from Linux).

Theo