[cairo] [Patch] Fix warnigns from clang (was: Undefined symbols _cairo_boilerplate_get_target_by_name _cairo_boilerplate_xrealloc _cairo_boilerplate_xmalloc)

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Tue May 1 05:55:00 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 13.04.2012 01:42, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> Some users of cairo in MacPorts are reporting this build failure with cairo 1.12 on OS X Lion using the Xcode clang compiler:

>   "_cairo_boilerplate_get_target_by_name", referenced from:
>       _main in cairo_sphinx-sphinx.o
>   "_cairo_boilerplate_xrealloc", referenced from:
>       _main in cairo_sphinx-sphinx.o
>       _recorder in lto.o
>   "_cairo_boilerplate_xmalloc", referenced from:
>       _main in cairo_sphinx-sphinx.o
>       __surface_create in lto.o
>       __context_create in lto.o
>       _get_surface_size in lto.o
>       _recorder in lto.o
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
>

> The full build log (1.1MB) is here:
>
> https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/33827/main.3.log

Sorry, no idea for this issue.

> As an aside, the log shows over 1500 warnings of the form "implicit conversion from enumeration type ... to different enumeration type",

Most of them are between cairo_status_t and cairo_int_status_t. I guess there
isn't much that we can do about those.

> along with this uninitialized variable warning:
>

> cairo-scaled-font-subsets.c:526:33: warning: variable 'sub_font_glyph' is uninitialized when used here [-Wuninitialized]
>         _cairo_sub_font_glyph_destroy (sub_font_glyph);
>                                        ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> cairo-scaled-font-subsets.c:504:43: note: initialize the variable 'sub_font_glyph' to silence this warning
>     cairo_sub_font_glyph_t *sub_font_glyph;
>                                           ^
>                                            = NULL
[...]

Ouch. This is indeed wrong. However, just some dead code, so nothing serious.

Attached are two patches which remove some daed code. I will push them if no one
complains.

Uli
--
"Do you know that books smell like nutmeg or some spice from a foreign land?"
                                                  -- Faber in Fahrenheit 451