[cairo] Cairo crash with a simple stroke (win32)

Fred bca21 fredbca21 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 04:56:01 PST 2012

Hi Again,

It appears that the bug seems to happen because the extents of the
fallback image has an offset in its origin.
when performing the mapping of the surface to an image, in
cairo-win32-display-surface.c, on line 467:
return _cairo_image_surface_map_to_image (surface->image, extents);

this actually creates a pixman image with an invalid pointer, that is
supposed to be compensated by the device transform, as you can see in
cairo-image-surface.c on line 805:
    uint8_t *data;

    data = other->data;
    data += extents->y * other->stride; // THIS POINTER IS OUTSIDE OF
THE ACTUAL IMAGE (the image is created with the actual extent, not the
entire surface extent)
    data += extents->x * PIXMAN_FORMAT_BPP (other->pixman_format)/ 8;

surface =_cairo_image_surface_create_with_pixman_format (data,
							other->pixman_format,
							extents->width,
							extents->height,
							other->stride);

    cairo_surface_set_device_offset (surface, -extents->x,
-extents->y); /// THIS IS SUPPOSED TO COMPENSATE THE OFFSET ABOVE
    return surface;

But in the end, when reaching the _fill_xrgb32_lerp_opaque_spans
function, the data pointer is still the wrong one (as offset in the
function above, not compensated by the device transform).

So either the device transform should be applied at some point and it
is not, or the mapping of the image is wrong and should not use the
origin of the extents,

That's all I can do for now with my imited knowledge, but I hope it
helps a little bit and maybe this will motivate someone to check this
out.

Regards,

Fred.