[cairo] How to build Cairo with OpenGL on windows XP with msys and visual studio?

rakesh patil prakeshofficial at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:54:24 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to build Cairo with OpenGL support as backend. I modified the
build/Makefile.win32.features file by setting

CAIRO_HAS_GL_SURFACE to 1 (which is by default 0)
The cairo library gets compiled if this is set to zero. I made the above
parameter 1, and I modified the build/Makefile.Win32.common file by adding
this following script

ifeq($(CAIRO_HAS_GL_SURFACE), 1)
GLEXT_CFLAGS += -I$(top_srcdir)/../GL
CAIRO_LIBS += opengl32.lib glu32.lib
endif

I added glext.h file and also provided opengl32.lib and glu32.lib. Still I
am getting linking error
cairo-gl-composite.obj: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_glBendFuncSeparate at 16 referenced in function __cairo_gl_set_operator...
cairo-gl-composite.obj: error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_glActiveTexture at 4 referenced in function
__cairo_gl_context_setup_operand...
cairo-gl-device.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_glActiveTexture at 4
cairo-gl-glyphs.obj: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_glActiveTexture at 4

Where I am going wrong? Please help me.

THanks