[cairo] Embedding EPS files

Han-Wen Nienhuys hanwenn at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 09:30:47 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 11:48 AM Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to embed an EPS file into Cairo's PS output. I've
> > scoured the internet in vain for an example of how to do
> > this, and it looks like this feature is untested (at least,
> > the test/ directory does not reference CAIRO_MIME_TYPE_EPS.)
>
> I've attached a patch with the changes required to get your code to work.

Thanks, that helps a lot; d'oh.

I see the EPS file appearing in the output; the graphics aren't there,
but I assume this is because there is faulty scaling/translation.

Unfortunately, there is a more serious problem. None of the drawing
commands issued after the EPS embedding make it to the PS output.

See the attachments on https://gitlab.com/hanwenn/lilypond/-/issues/1

As you can see, the one with embedding enabled simply ends with

cairo_eps_end
Q Q
showpage
%%Trailer
%%EOF

in the output, it's missing a notehead and the tagline at the bottom.

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn at gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen