[cairo] Is Cairo Library an X Window Component or not?

Виктор Михайлов vm3117654 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:22:19 UTC 2023

Hello, dear members of the cairo graphics library community!

I have a question, which I cannot find an answer to on the web, and hope
for the assistance of the community.

Does X.org's low-level rendering graphic subsystem rely on the Cairo
library? Or perhaps it has some drawing components, which are based on
Cairo?

I know such a popular and widely used in Open Source projects graphic
toolkit as GTK is based entirely on Cairo: all its graphic primitives and
rendering are implemented through Cairo.

What about X Window System (I mean X11, X.org and so on)? Is Cairo Library
its component as well and is it based on Cairo too, like GTK is? Or Cairo
isn't its part and is not comprised in the X Server?

Victor.