[cairo-announce] libpixman snapshot 0.1.6 now available

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jul 28 14:57:40 PDT 2005

A new libpixman snapshot 0.1.6 is now available from:

        http://cairographics.org/snapshots/libpixman-0.1.6.tar.gz
        http://cairographics.org/snapshots/libpixman-0.1.6.tar.gz.md5
        4af4bbf35840016f40f287a0bb6526b1  libpixman-0.1.6.tar.gz

I thought I should do this to go along with the new cairo 0.6.0. There
aren't any huge changes here, (no API changes or additions), but there
are a couple of important bug fixes.

Enjoy.

-Carl

Snapshot 0.1.6 (2005-07-28 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>)
Behavioral changes
------------------
Clips are changed to only affect destination operands, not
sources. This gives the desired behavior for cairo. If the X server's
Render implementation wants to use pixman it will have to select
source clipping, (presumably through a new API call that we can add at
that point).

Bug fixes
---------
Fix leak of the clip region associated with an image in
pixman_image_destroy.

Fix units for stride return to be FbStip-sized, (this bug was causing
non antialiased text in cairo to appear as garbage).

Other changes
The implementation has been merged considerably with xserver/fb. Most
of the merge was just name changes, but there were likely some bug
fixes or performance improvements in there as well.