[cairo-announce] cairo snapshot 0.5.1 now available
cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jun 20 17:05:58 PDT 2005
A new cairo snapshot 0.5.1 is now available from:
Snapshot 0.5.1 (2005-06-20 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>)
* Removed cairo_status_string(cairo_t*) and add
cairo_status_to_string(cairo_status_t) in its place. Code using
cairo_status_string can be ported forward as follows:
cairo_status_to_string (cairo_status (cr));
* Removed the BAD_NESTING restriction which means that two different
cairo_t objects can now interleave drawing to the same
cairo_surface_t without causing an error.
* The following functions which previously had a return type of
cairo_status_t now have a return type of void:
See discussion of cairo_pattern_status below for more details.
* Improved error handling:
cairo_pattern_status (cairo_pattern_t *pattern);
This snapshot expands the status-based error handling scheme from
cairo_t to cairo_path_t and cairo_pattern_t. It also expands the
scheme so that object-creating functions, (cairo_create,
cairo_pattern_create_*, cairo_copy_path_*), are now guaranteed to
not return NULL. Instead, in the case of out-of-memory these
functions will return a static object with
status==CAIRO_STATUS_NO_MEMORY. The status can be checked with the
functions cairo_status and cairo_pattern_status, or by direct
inspection of the new status field in cairo_path_t.
Please note that some objects, including cairo_surface_t and all of
the font-related objects have not been converted to this
* In addition to the above changes, a new private function has been added:
This function can be used to set a breakpoint in a debugger to make
it easier to find programming error in cairo-using code. (Currently,
_cairo_error is called when any error is detected within a cairo_t
context, but is not called for non-cairo_t errors such as for
cairo_path_t and cairo_pattern_t).
* Fixed cairo_path_data_t so that its enum is visible to C++ code, (as
* Made a minor performance improvement for clipping, (restrict clip
surface to the new intersected bounds).
* Optimize rendering of a solid source pattern with a pixel-aligned
rectangular path to use backend clipping rather than rasterization
and backend compositing.
* Optimize cairo_paint_with_alpha to defer to cairo_paint when alpha
* Fixed memory leak in cairo_copy_path.
* A build fix for non-srcdir builds.
PDF backend fixes
* New support for path-based clipping.
* Fix for text rotated to angles other than multiples of π/2.
Win32 backend fixes
* Fix for text extents.
* Implemented a complex workaround for X server bug[*] related to
Render-based compositing with untransformed, repeating source
pictures. The workaround uses core Xlib when possible for
performance, (ie. with CAIRO_OPERATOR_SOURCE or CAIRO_OPERATOR_OVER
with an opaque source surface), and falls back to the pixman
image-based compositing otherwise.
* Various bug fixes, particularly in the fallback paths.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo-announce/attachments/20050620/b2b502f0/attachment.pgp
More information about the cairo-announce