[cairo-commit] pycairo NOTES,NONE,1.1
commit at pdx.freedesktop.org
Mon Nov 15 02:05:29 PST 2004
Committed by: stevech1097
Update of /cvs/cairo/pycairo
In directory gabe:/tmp/cvs-serv9185
--- NEW FILE: NOTES ---
Some interesting points about these bindings:
* provides an OO interface to Cairo, using Python 2.2 new style classes.
* treat cairo.Matrix objects as immutable. The wrappers for things like
cairo_matrix_invert() return a new object, leaving the existing matrix
* cairo_status() is called to check the status of cairo_t operations, and
raise exceptions as appropriate.
* Can be used as a base for other Python extensions. Will be important when
wrapping other libraries that depend on cairo
* Includes a simple extension with functions for creating cairo.Surface
objects from GdkWindows or GdkPixbufs. This makes it possible to use the
bindings with PyGTK.
More information about the cairo-commit