[cairo-commit] libpixman ChangeLog,1.59,1.60 RELEASING,1.8,1.9
commit at pdx.freedesktop.org
Mon Mar 7 13:20:54 PST 2005
Committed by: cworth
Update of /cvs/cairo/libpixman
In directory gabe:/tmp/cvs-serv2728
* RELEASING: Add notes on using -head suffix for PIXMAN_VERSION.
RCS file: /cvs/cairo/libpixman/ChangeLog,v
retrieving revision 1.59
retrieving revision 1.60
diff -u -d -r1.59 -r1.60
--- ChangeLog 7 Mar 2005 20:16:33 -0000 1.59
+++ ChangeLog 7 Mar 2005 21:20:52 -0000 1.60
@@ -1,5 +1,7 @@
2005-03-07 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>
+ * RELEASING: Add notes on using -head suffix for PIXMAN_VERSION.
* NEWS: Add notes for snapshot 0.1.4.
* configure.in: Increment version to 0.1.4.
RCS file: /cvs/cairo/libpixman/RELEASING,v
retrieving revision 1.8
retrieving revision 1.9
diff -u -d -r1.8 -r1.9
--- RELEASING 21 Jan 2005 19:18:46 -0000 1.8
+++ RELEASING 7 Mar 2005 21:20:52 -0000 1.9
@@ -39,15 +39,19 @@
4) Increment LIBPIXMAN_VERSION in configure.in
- Right now, in its pre-release form, we are incrementing
- LIBPIXMAN_VERSION for each snapshot but we are not changing
- the libtool shared library version information. Increment the
- subminor version for bug fixes and backwards-compatible
- additions to the API. Increment the minor number (and reset
- the subminor) for backward-incompatible changes to the API
- (including removals). Leave the major number at 0 until we are
- ready for the first 1.0 release, (at which point these rules
- will change).
+ First, remove the "-head" suffix, then increment the version
+ as follows:
+ If there are backward-incompatible changes in the API,
+ (function removals, or semantic changes), increment the minor
+ number and reset the sub-minor number to 0.
+ Otherwise, (that is, if there are only bug fixes and perhaps
+ API additions), then increment only the sub-minor number.
+ Prior to the initial "1.0" release of cairo, leave the major
+ number at 0. Also, do not modify the "libtool shared library
+ version" variables, (LT_CURRENT, LT_VERSION, LT_AGE).
5) Commit the changes to NEWS and configure.in
@@ -71,5 +75,7 @@
cvs tag SNAPSHOT_X_Y_Z
-8) Send a message to cairo-announce at cairographics.org to announce the
- new snapshot using the text provided from "make release-publis".
+8) Add a "-head" to CAIRO_VERSION in configure, and commit.
+9) Send a message to cairo-announce at cairographics.org to announce the
+ new snapshot using the text provided from "make release-publish".
More information about the cairo-commit