[cairo-commit] Branch '1.0' - RELEASING
behdad at kemper.freedesktop.org
Wed Mar 15 12:29:11 PST 2006
RELEASING | 7 ++++++-
1 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff-tree e94251861565ed154e15ca3a7198ffe3828536fe (from 98facc6c2d0f57f05de7b98c2aaa592c895d1a09)
Author: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at home.(none)>
Date: Wed Mar 15 15:17:26 2006 -0500
Clarify that git tag -s does GPG signing.
diff --git a/RELEASING b/RELEASING
index 8020404..49dd82c 100644
@@ -68,8 +68,13 @@ Here are the steps to follow to create a
* scp the three files to appear on http://cairographics.org/releases
* Place local copies of the three files in the releases directory
* Create a LATEST-package-version file (after deleting any old one)
- * Tag the entire source tree with a tag of the form X.Y.Z
+ * Tag the entire source tree with a tag of the form X.Y.Z, and sign
+ the tag with your GPG key (asks for your GPG password, and you
+ may need to set GIT_COMMITTER_NAME and GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL to match
+ your public-key's setting or this fails.)
* Provide some text for the release announcement (see below).
+ If for some reason you lost this message, "make release-publish-message"
+ prints it for you.
7) Increment cairo_version_micro to the next larger (odd) number in
configure, and commit.
More information about the cairo-commit