[cairo-commit] [cairo-www] src/backends.mdwn
cworth at freedesktop.org
Mon May 11 18:44:57 PDT 2009
src/backends.mdwn | 20 ++++++++++++--------
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)
Author: skierpage <skierpage at web>
Date: Mon May 11 18:44:57 2009 -0700
mention OpenVG, not sure where to put the git link
diff --git a/src/backends.mdwn b/src/backends.mdwn
index 54e8dc2..50afe9e 100644
@@ -14,17 +14,17 @@ The backends currently present in cairo include:
* ps: Generates a PostScript file, suitable for high-quality print
* pdf: Generates a vectorized PDF file, suitable for high-quality
- print output.
+ print output.
* xlib: Uses the Xlib interface to the X Window System. This backend
- can target Windows or Pixmaps. The Render extension is used
- if available, but is not required.
+ can target Windows or Pixmaps. The Render extension is used
+ if available, but is not required.
* xcb: Provides support similar to the xlib backend, but uses the
- [XCB] interface rather than Xlib.
+ [XCB] interface rather than Xlib.
* quartz: Mac OS/X backend
@@ -36,13 +36,17 @@ The backends currently present in cairo include:
Other backends that are in progress or have been proposed include :
- * os2: An OS/2 backend is being worked on
* directfb: A DirectFB backend is being worked on
+ * OpenVG: An [OpenVG]  backend was announced in 2008
+ * os2: An OS/2 backend is being worked on
+ : http://www.khronos.org/openvg/
More information about the cairo-commit