[cairo-commit] [cairo-www] src/roadmap.mdwn
bryce at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 12 22:26:41 PST 2014
src/roadmap.mdwn | 52 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------
1 file changed, 39 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)
Author: Bryce Harrington <bryce at osg.samsung.com>
Date: Wed Nov 12 22:26:14 2014 -0800
roadmap: Update with 1.12 status; move everything else to Unknown/Future
diff --git a/src/roadmap.mdwn b/src/roadmap.mdwn
index 776088d..d3c1bcc 100644
@@ -54,17 +54,48 @@ to get involved with cairo.
podofouncompress original.pdf new.pdf
-# cairo 1.12 (2011?)
+# cairo 1.12 (March 23, 2012)
- ✓ Add support for programmatic patterns, (ie. arbitrary
+ ✓ Add support for programmatic patterns, aka mesh gradients.
- This should likely be modeled after PostScript Type 6 and Type 7
- shading functions, (coons patch and tensor-product patch
- meshes). See the [PostScript Language
+ This is modeled after PostScript Type 6 and Type 7 shading functions,
+ (coons patch and tensor-product patch meshes). See the [PostScript
+ Language Reference](http://www.adobe.com/products/postscript/pdfs/PLRM.pdf)
+ ✓ Callback patterns which allows the application to provide the
+ appropriate pixel data at the time of rendering.
+ ✓ cairo-xcb
+ ✓ Common API for addressing various types of surfaces as an image.
+ ✓ Antialias hints (NONE, FAST, GOOD, BEST) to fine tune rasterizer
+ performance vs. quality.
+ ✓ Port the OpenGL backend to GLESv2
+# cairo 1.14
+ ✓ Pixman-based downscaling
+ ✓ Improved handling of device transformation and scaling
+ ✓ JBIG2 mime data in PDF
+# Unknown / Future work
+The status on the following items originally targeted to 1.12 is not
+currently known. Some may be partly or completely done, others may yet
+ • API to set surface metadata (title, author, etc). This should be a generic
+ surface API. See two threads:
• David Turner's [cairo-ft rewrite]. (behdad)
[cairo-ft rewrite]: http://david.freetype.org/cairo/
@@ -84,11 +115,6 @@ to get involved with cairo.
[certain subsetters]: http://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8180#c28
- • API to set surface metadata (title, author, etc). This should be a generic
- surface API. See two threads:
• Support document hyperlinks (adrianj) See thread <http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2007-November/012026.html>
See if this can be a generic "insert object" API
@@ -96,7 +122,7 @@ to get involved with cairo.
• Damage-tracking interface, (track other stuff as well?) (ssp)
- • Higher-quality downscaling (fred)
For other ideas that have been proposed for cairo but are not yet
scheduled on the roadmap of any particular release, please see the
More information about the cairo-commit