[Cairo] mouse pointer and cairo

Thomas Hunger info at teh-web.de
Tue Oct 29 09:54:47 PST 2002

> Can you explain you explain a bit more about what you are trying to do
> here? By "mouse pointer", do you mean the single current point, or the
> visual representation on screen (a Cursor in X terms)?

I needed to know if the hotspot (the coordinates given by the notion notify
event) of the mouse pointer, was inside a stroke (a stroke that was visible
on the screen, so in screen device coordinates).

Intersections between different shapes could need the exposure of
cairo_path_t, as  Carl wrote, or the user would have to do intersections
between two cairo_t's with something like this:
cairo_intersect_stroke_stroke (cairo_t, cairo_t)
cairo_intersect_stroke_fill (cairo_t, cairo_t)
cairo_intersect_fill_fill (cairo_t, cairo_t)

Intersection between different cairo objects
> Determining whether a point is inside a path seems likely a reasonable
> analytic operation for Cairo to have; if you wanted to intersect a
do you mean there is already a function for it?

Tom

p.s. Carl: if you need help with this C++ compability stuff ... :)