[Xr] about Xr design

Davor Buvinic davor at vtr.net
Tue Apr 22 18:25:05 PDT 2003

Newbie question:

I just started to play with Xr and I note that the library works with pixel
metrics (with the possibility to scale with XrScale).

My question is: why not device independent metrics, as in PostScript?. The
README file asserts that the API is based on the PostScript operators, so why
not include also the device independent metrics?

Of course I know its possible to work with device independent metrics if I
know the resolution at which I will display and some work with XrScale. The
question is simply about a matter of design of Xr.

- Davor