[Cairo] compiling on Slackware 9.0

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Sat Aug 9 10:10:34 PDT 2003

On Aug 8, Roman Bednarek wrote:
 > > This symptom looks typical of what happens right now when your X
 > > server doesn't support the Render extension.
 > >
 >    I am running the test on cygwin XFree86 with 4.2.0 which has RENDER
 > extension. I have also tested in on linux with XFree86 4.2.1.1 with the
 > same effect.

I should have been more careful in my descriptions of the problem.

XFree86 4.2 ha an older version of the Render extension, (that does
not support the CompositeTrapezoids request). That's what's causing
the problem here.

I'll be fixing Cairo to support older X servers after I get back from
vacation next week.