[Cairo] Window transforms

r ve kaas_10 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:25:53 PDT 2003

I'm not sure if this is even related in any way to Cairo, but would it be
possible to apply transformations to a window when using Cairo to render
every window and more on the screen?  (seeing as how some people here are
planning to draw everything into an offscreen buffer)

It would make some very interesting effects possible (no, not just rotating
windows :P - I'm more thinking of effects like animated scaling menus and
stuff like that), and that's also the only reason I'm somewhat excited about
that new Microsoft OS (longhorn) with its Desktop Composition Engine (aka
DCI).

And in addition to that, it would be even more fun if windows could be
broken up into parts (triangles, quads, whatever) for even more interesting
effects.. (not just eye candy)

Thoughts?

ps. No discussions please about how many geeks don't like eye candy,
cpu/gpu/vpu-eating effects and more of that, I already know that very well
by now. thanks.