[Cairo] Re: Xrender transforms...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Aug 14 11:48:27 PDT 2003

Around 20 o'clock on Aug 14, Sven Luther wrote:

> Would it be possible to run cairo on top of X, without having those two
> libraries ? Putting them in the same package would be a solution, but
> not a clean one, and it doesn't solve the slim problem.

Cairo requires full client-side rendering support, so it will always
depend on the code currently in libic and libpixregion.  I intend for that
code to be shared with the X server (and, at least libpixregion, with
Xlib) so that your system need only a single copy of the code.

> So, they moved the libraries into subdirectories, which are empty of
> configure and auto stuff themselves, containing only a Makefile.am/in.

Hmm.  That's kinda ugly.  I wonder if we should do it this way or try and
build a meta-configure script instead.

-keith