[Cairo] Re: [xsvg] cairo_text_extents ?

Trevor Woerner xwin641 at vtnet.ca
Tue Dec 16 08:51:40 PST 2003

On Tuesday 16 December 2003 10:49, Carl Worth wrote:
> So, it's conceivable that we could provide a single advance
> value rather than x_advance and y_advance, (at least as far as
> freetype is concerned).

For western scripts written horizontally (i.e. plain writing with no
transforms) how would we know where to start the next line below the
current line without y_advance?

By the way, is there a way to get these metrics for each character of a
typeface individually? Code which lays out text one character at a time
looks fine when using monospace, but ugly when using, say, serif.

	Trevor