[Xr] XrMatrixGetAffine() function

Soorya Kuloor skuloor at verano.com
Thu Jul 3 11:03:56 PDT 2003

Hi Carl,

Nice to hear back from you :-)). Thanks for applying the patch.

The Xr drawing stuff seems to be holding up well for all the tests that
we have done so far. However, here are some observations:

* Text handling does not seem to be as good as the rest of the drawing,
both API and speed-wise. It seems to be a bit slow, compared to other
packages (eg. GDI+ on Windows, 8000 strings/sec vs 1500/sec).
Especially, the initial query for a given font-transform combination
seems to take long time too (the call into fontconfig).

* I am getting to a point where XrClipRectangle() would help a lot. This
helps especially for partial fills. Are you planning on implementing
XrClipRectangle? If not, I'll have some time to do this in a week or so.
I have gone through all the Xr/Xc code and have a vague idea as to how
to do this.

* We did a speed comparison of Xr against GDI+. For the ellipse drawing
test (posted by Owen) with anti-aliasing GDI+ is approx 2-2.5 times
faster than Xr. So there is still a lot of room for acceleration in Xr.
I am still working on my 'benchmarking' program and to do profiling on
it. Once I have some solid results I'll post them here.

-- Soorya