[Xr] What happended to the idea of getting rid of the xrs argument?

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Thu Jun 12 02:44:00 PDT 2003

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 17:22, Bill Spitzak wrote:
> This is despite the fact that the "context creation" is vastly different
> in each of these toolkits. Therefore I believe the reason for this is that
> there is no "context" argument.
> If code could be cut & pasted without changes it would help a lot for ...
> make demos of how to use Xr much easier to write and test.

	I suppose that might be an argument for having a standardised;
'XrGetThreadState' or whatever method, that could be used in place of
the state argument[1], but is it worth making the lives of people who
routinely cut and paste code any less painful - surely we want to
inflict more pain on those people. Similarly optimising an API for demos
seems an interesting approach.

	FWIW,

		Michael.

[1] - or even a nasty NULL special case that did something similar.
--
 michael at ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot