[Xr] Re: XrGetCurrentPoint() ?

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu May 1 08:36:59 PDT 2003

On Apr 30, Soorya Kuloor wrote:
 > Is it possible to add a function to Xr to get current point?

Good idea.

As it turns out, I was looking at the PostScript graphics operators
yesterday to see what functionality they provide that Xr does not. The
query operators were one missing piece that I just coded up yesterday.

I've committed these now. I'll include the new section of the header
file for any comments.

I haven't added query functions for color/alpha yet as I'll probably
switch that interface over to an XrColor object first.

Also, it wasn't obvious how to deal with the memory management issues
for XrGetDash, so that function doesn't exist yet either.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

-Carl

PS. Here's the relevant new section from Xr.h:

XrOperator
XrGetOperator(XrState *xrs);

double
XrGetTolerance(XrState *xrs);

void
XrGetCurrentPoint(XrState *, double *x, double *y);

XrFillRule
XrGetFillRule(XrState *xrs);

double
XrGetLineWidth(XrState *xrs);

XrLineCap
XrGetLineCap(XrState *xrs);

XrLineJoin
XrGetLineJoin(XrState *xrs);

double
XrGetMiterLimit(XrState *xrs);

/* XXX: How to do XrGetDash??? Do we want to switch to an XrDash object? */

void
XrGetMatrix(XrState *xrs,
            double *a, double *b,
            double *c, double *d,