[Xr] Clipping problems

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Wed May 28 19:44:08 PDT 2003

On May 28, Carl Worth wrote:
 > On May 28, Soorya Kuloor wrote:
 >  > I am trying to use clipping in the Xr library and having problems with
 >  > it. Either my understanding of clipping is wrong or there is a bug.
 >
 > Your code looks fine. This is definitely a bug.

This bug is fixed now in the CVS version of Xr.

It turns out that the clip region was being translated so that its
bounding box coincided with the origin.

The example you gave before should work now. Let me know if you see
any more problems.

And do note that clipping only works for XrStroke and XrFill
currently, (eg. images and text will not yet be clipped). Also, the
clipping code is not optimized at all so don't be surprised if the
performance is underwhelming.

Carl Worth
USC Information Sciences Institute                      cworth at isi.edu