[Cairo] Cairo Debian Packages

Dave Beckett dave.beckett at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 06:10:05 PST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 13:23:29 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 11:54:31AM +0000, Dave Beckett wrote:
> > James's post reminded me to announce this.
> >
> > A few weekends ago in a fit of enthusiasm, I made debian packages
> > (debs) of the Cairo sources from CVS in order to get it building for
> > Mono (http://www.go-mono.com/) which is now using Cairo as the
> > graphics backend, post the 0.28 release.
>
> BTW, i had an ITP of the cairo libs but finally never came to it. Will
> you also make official debian packages for those ?

I saw that ITP
  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200308/msg02403.html
but it had a link to a URL that wasn't working.  I also did the
packaging since I wanted to practice/play with using CDBS (which is very
good). I wasn't trying to step on your toes.

At some point, yes, these might be official but it depends when
the API is stable enough such that the public API won't change, and
the shared library rules start to apply (sonames, version numbers).

I'm not a Debian Developer (DD), haven't applied yet, but do maintain a
couple of packages in debian at the moment.

Dave